Skills and Experience:
Karesse has more than 20 years-experience as a lawyer in private practice and in-house roles in Queensland. Has spent 15 years in the energy and resources industry in senior leader and Executive roles responsible for corporate governance, legal and regulatory compliance, insurance, integrity and fraud management, corporate strategy, internal and external audit management, risk management, organisational resilience and business continuity and land and mining tenement management.
Before joining Mining3, Karesse was the Chief Risk Officer and General Manager – Risk, Compliance, Insurance, Integrity and Resilience, for Energy Queensland Limited, the largest distributor and largest government owned corporation in Australia. Prior to that she was a General Manager at Stanwell Corporation Limited, at the time Queensland’s largest electricity generation company.
She has extensive experience working closely with CEOs, Boards and Board Committees to ensure appropriate legal, compliance, risk and governance practices are designed and implemented to add value to the organisation.
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors’ Course (GAICD)
- Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia (FGIA)
- Chartered Governance Professional
- Chartered Company Secretary
- Advanced Leadership Program (Australian Graduate School of Management)
- Executive Program – General Managers’ Program (Australian Graduate School of Management)
- Certificate in Executive Management and Development, Organisational Leadership (Australian Graduate School of Management)
- Technical Risk Specialist (Institute of Risk Management, London)
- Bachelor of Laws (Griffith University)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Griffith University)