Pegasys dragline monitor
Dragline operators have a direct and substantial influence on the productive capabilities of every shift. Variations in operator technique and performance are a costly issue for the mining sector globally. By providing better support and feedback to dragline operators in real time, mine sites have the opportunity to dramatically improve productivity and reliability. Even the smallest variations in dragline productivity can result in large variations in production and profitability.
Pegasys improves operational efficiency, safety, and productivity by accurately measuring the performance of dragline operations. The fully integrated payload and navigation management monitoring system delivers accurate, onboard guidance to the dragline operator in real time. Highly flexible and fully interoperable with most fleet management systems, Pegasys supports dragline operators to make confident, accurate decisions on a range of production, mine planning, and maintenance tasks.
How it Works
Providing in-cab dragline guidance direct to the operator, Pegasys delivers immediate access to real time and historical data including dragline payload and production, machine location, vision system, and structural and electrical feedbacks.
- Real-time bucket position calculation and integrated mine plan feedback
- Stress/duty calculation for every cycle. Capable of integrating third party structural loggers. User configurable alarm system
- Cycle-by-cycle payload calculation—time usage and delay tracking
- Digital terrain model Boom-mounted laser scanners and GPS sensors continuously scan and map the terrain around the dragline
- Remote visualisation. See operations live, in real-time
- Full suite of cycle by cycle performance metrics
Strain gauges are mounted in critical locations of the machine to provide digability, stress and structural monitoring information. When coupled to the PLC, real-time information and alarms can be provided and recorded from selected electrical components. All aspects of the dragline’s operational activities are recorded on-board. This information can be accessed off-board or off site for real-time or historical analysis anytime and from anywhere in the world. This allows for faster connections and better decision making regarding dragline operational improvements without having to be on or near the dragline.